About the College
The UK College of Mindfulness Meditation, part of Central England College, is housed in a lovingly restored Edwardian building in a leafy suburb of Birmingham, as well as its associated teaching centres.
The college has a number of key objectives:
- Provide accessible and affordable attendance based mindfulness teacher training
- Monitor all student’s evaluation of training content and delivery and apply a policy of continuous improvement in order to maintain the highest possible standards
- Uphold high ethical standards of its tutors, students and graduates
- Maintain on-going and indefinite support for students and graduates
- Make mindfulness available to as many people as possible in order to meet ever increasing needs
Led by its founder Nick Cooke, the team of accredited teachers are qualified and experienced wellbeing professionals who have specialist training in mindfulness meditation, including the ‘Mindfulness Now’ programme which integrates key elements of Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) and Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT). They bring the art and science of mindfulness meditation together with evidence based healing and wellbeing programmes.