The Resilience Effect CPD
Friday 3rd November 2023
Trainer: Nick Cooke
LIVE ONLINE VIA ZOOM
10.00 – 17.00
The Resilience Effect
Experiential workshop on developing corporate work with mindfulness-based interventions. A guide to learning, developing and presenting stress management programmes
Ongoing CPD training is a professional requirement and this intensive one-day course fulfils the first year requirements for Mindfulness Now practitioners and is equally appropriate to hypnotherapists, NLP practitioners and counsellors. The course is recognised by the NCH, APHP and the Mindfulness Teachers Register with specialist certification provided.
Up until a few years ago, Stress Management was a major buzz word (or two!) when it came to developing work within organisations. More recently the trend is towards mindfulness based programmes, along with emotional intelligence (EI) work, which is likely to result in employees developing a greater level of emotional resilience, effectively resulting in them being less prone to stress.
Why should employers be bothered?
Very simply because they face potential litigation from employees if it can be proven that they didn’t take reasonable care to protect those employees from the effects of stress. Health and Safety law dictates that employers are required to have a duty of care to take all ‘reasonable’ steps to manage the working environment to help all employees to control / manage stress. This is law with teeth and many employers have taken their lawyer’s advice to put measures in place to actively manage stress. Indeed, according to the UK Government’s Health and Safety Executive, ‘employers who can demonstrate that they have a scheme in place to manage their employee’s stress are far less likely to be successfully sued’.
What this Resilience / Stress Management Coaching and Consultancy Training offers?
This one-day training is a certificated course, based upon Nick’s own experience of gaining and operating programmes within organisations. With a very ‘how to’ perspective, the course assumes that attendees will be qualified practitioners of mindfulness and / or counselling, ideally with some knowledge of hypnotherapy, NLP and coaching. By attending you will learn: –
- How to work with individual clients to build resilience with mindfulness and EI
- How to build a successful corporate practice
- How to identify and target corporate clients
- How to make corporate appointments
- What communications to send, and to whom they should be targeted
- How to make a corporate presentation
- An understanding of health and safety law in respect of stress
- The physiology of stress and all aspects of stress management
- How to conduct individual sessions of resilience coaching
- How to produce and run a group stress coaching session
- How to run an eight weeks mindfulness based stress reduction group… and, much, much more!
All slides and documentation are provided to enable attendees to start their own resilience / stress management practice. Our training is recognised by the NCH, APHP, NRPC and the Mindfulness Teachers Register.