Mindful Child CPD
Saturday 2nd December 2023
Trainers: Madeleine Agnew and Rachel Broomfield
LIVE ONLINE VIA ZOOM
10.00 – 17.00
To meet ever increasing demand for children’s wellbeing programmes, including mindfulness, this one-day CPD event will focus on broadening the skills and techniques you have in your ‘working with children’ toolbox. This course will will bring together practical, fun ideas and child friendly meditations that you can use on an ad-hoc basis or as part of our 3 structured programmes, each targeted at different age groups.
“Mindfulness can be thought of a superpower. Its super skills can transform our perception of the world. The ability to see, hear, smell, touch and taste clearly. The ability to be able to control emotions and be happier and calmer. What is most wonderful is that we are all already born with this incredible superpower! We sometimes need to just help it along a bit. This is why we have to practice. With a little bit of practice each day we can grow our superpower and make it strong and powerful!”
The Mindful Child 3 Programmes
We have developed, and through our CPD you will have training in delivering, three different Mindful Child programmes: a four-week programme suitable for 3-6 year olds, a six-week programme for 7-11 year olds and a further six-week programme for 11-16 year olds.
The three different programmes all provide a psychoeducational support programme developed specifically for children. It was originally developed for work within schools and Early Years settings, the last two programmes designed to be delivered over six weekly sessions lasting a full half term.
Key Elements of The Mindful Child training:
• A formal Mindfulness based 4/6-week programme for children
• Adaptable for working in informal groups or working 1:1
• A child friendly fusion of Mindfulness Now, MBSR and MBCT
• Personalised or group specific audio recordings
• Flexible enough to meet the needs of individual children and different age groups
Key Components to the programme:
• Learning and encouraging an awareness of our inner and outer worlds
• Incorporating the attitudes of mindfulness in our everyday lives
• Learning the ability to inhibit or control impulsive/ automatic responses, and create skilled mindful responses
• Learning how to separate ourselves from our thoughts
• Developing an awareness of unhelpful thinking patterns and how to develop more helpful thinking patterns
Both Rachel and Madeleine have wide experience of working with children and presenting to adults and this workshop is open to all qualified mindfulness teachers.
All slides and documentation are provided to enable attendees to start running their own mindful child programmes. Our training is approved by the UK College and the Mindfulness Teachers Register.